Villa Bella Vista
|Price per week:
Low Season: $1,575 / week
High Season: $3,493 / week
Villa Bella Vista is the vacation home of an American family from Atlanta, Georgia. The family has vacationed all over the Caribbean but fell in love with St. Lucia. Bella Vista has three equally-sized bedrooms with private baths. Located in the internationally known development of Cap Estate, Bella Vista has georgous views of Pigeon Point and the Caribbean. At night, the lights of Gros Islet sparkle and dance before your eyes. Located nearby are resorts and spas to make your trip as relaxing or active as you want it to be.
About Villa Bella Vista
Each bedroom is approximately the same size. All are airconditioned, although because of the tradewinds, breezes normally keep the house cool. St. Lucia is one of the Windward Islands.
Villa Bella Vista enjoys many amenities including access to the St. Lucian Golf & Country Club as well all of the concierge services you would expect from a first-class resort.
The kitchen is modern and you can either cook for yourself, or our housekeeper/cook who appears daily (M-F), will put together a delicious creole meal.
The dining room seats six and is off the main deck. You can have your dinner and still enjoy the view.
* Please note that the balconies at Bella Vista are very high. The steps at the right lead to the pool. Bella Vista might not be a good choice if you have very small children.
The name says it all - Bella Vista. The views to the Caribbean were absolutely wonderful. From all the decks we had a view of Pigeon Island and Rodney Bay. It was fabulous just sitting by the pool, enjoying the sun and taking in the view. And the accommodations were simply the best, complete with all the creature comforts and a wonderful and accommodating host. Would return in a flash! Highly recommend a stay.
- John & Dorothy DeYoung, MA, USA
Lovely accommodations and fantastic views! It is truly paradise! Although the week was filled with wonderful excursions (boating, hiking, rainforest), it would have been just as nice to stay here at Bella Vista the whole time and just look out from the deck and pool, drinking Pitons and rum punch.
- Mary Leah Poss Duran, Lufkin, TX, USA, March 2008
Bella Vista is the perfect setting for a dream vacation--we loved it. St. Lucia has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth, and discovering its many charms was enchanting. Incredible views from the porch--excellent dinners--wonderful conversations--not to mention wine and rum punch--can it get any better?
- Marion Cunningham Schneider, Atlanta, GA, USA, March 2008
Villa Bella Vista - St Lucia Villas
PHOTOS: Click on photo(s) to enlarge
We have free internet access via Cable and Wireless DSL.
ST LUCIA ACTIVITIES
* Diving - some of the Caribbean's best diving is to be found in St. Lucia on both the northwest and southwest coasts. Anse Chastenet is especially beautiful.
* Sailing - day and week charters are available in Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay. You can hire your own skipper for a day trip or have a group experience on a sunset cruise.
* Shopping - experience the duty free shops of Point Seraphin and indulge yourself in downtown Castries. Visit the open-air market on Wednesday or Saturday and bargain for coconuts and bananas.
* Rainforest expeditions - tour the rain forest, walk through the jungle, cross a jungle stream, and wander through the Mamiku botanical gardens.
* Touring - take an all day or half-day tour of the island. Eat lunch at the Dasheen Restaurant while overlooking the Pitons; visit the quaint fishing villages, view Castries from Morne Fortune, visit a banana plantation or rum distillery , visit the fort on Pigeon Island.
* Dining - sample the great restaurants of St.Lucia like the Coal Pot, the Green Parrot, or the Great House, voted in 2004 by the readers of Caribbean Life and Travel as one of the five best restaurants in the Caribbean.
* Participate in events - St Lucia has numerous events to attend. The most famous are the St. Lucia Jazz Festival (second week in May), the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers in early December and Carnival in July. Every Friday night brings a street party to Gros Islet, 10 minutes from Bella Vista.
* Chill out - Bella Vista is a great place to get away from it all. The hot tub and pool, the solitude, and the peaceful views come at no additional cost. It is truly Peace in Paradise.
ABOUT ST LUCIA
St. Lucia is part of the Windward Islands. It has a unique heritage in that it changed hands 14 times between the British and the French before finally being controlled by Great Britain in 1814. Therefore, its heritage is both British and French. English is the official language taught in the schools. However, patois, a French-based language, is spoken in the home. All of the towns have French names. As a part of the British Commonwealth, English laws and customs prevail, including the odd custom of driving on the wrong side of the road. Nevertheless, the country is quite livable, the inhabitants are friendly, and life is good in St. Lucia.
Castries is the capital city of St. Lucia. It is old and historic, but it has been burned and rebuilt several times. A favorite tourist trip is to view the town from atop Morne Fortune. Castries can get quite crowded when the cruise boats come in.
The Pitons... the symbols of St. Lucia. Rising majestically from the water, these famous landmarks are spectacular. You can climb if you wish, but that is not for the faint hearted. Better to go to the Dasheen Restaurant at Ladera Resort. Have lunch and view them to your heart's content.
Marigot Bay... the most beautiful anchorage in the Caribbean was the locale for the filming of the movie, Dr. Dolittle. Try Dolittle's Restaurant for lunch.
High Season (December 15 - April 30)
1-2 persons $250US per night
3-4 persons $390US per night
5-6 persons $499US per night
Low Season (May 1 - December 14)
1-2 persons $225US per night
3-4 persons $280US per night
5-6 persons $335US per night
Minimum rental period is 5 nights in high season and 3 nights in low season. Christmas/New Year rentals and other special events are subject to 10% surcharge. Minimum stay for Christmas, New Years, and Jazz Festival is 7 nights including one of the holidays or 12 nights including both holidays.
NEAREST AIRPORT: George F.L. Charles airport (SLU)
DISTANCE TO NEAREST AIRPORT: 15 minutes by car
Disclaimer: Information about specific Caribbean villa rentals including pricing and availability is subject to change at any time. Government taxes and fees may apply to villa rental rates, and varies by country. A minimum stay and/or a damage deposit may be required for some villas, especially during the high season and holidays.